Responsibilities of the ADA Coordinator
- Providing referrals, resources, advice, services, and compliance information to university offices, students, and employees.
- Maintaining up-to-date resources and policy materials that are readily available relating to persons with disabilities.
- Assuring the university’s compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to persons with disabilities.
- Collaborating with other university offices, government agencies, and external advocacy groups to develop university policies and procedures to accommodate persons with disabilities and to prevent and respond to discrimination on the basis of disability.
- Developing and maintaining investigative procedures and processes to resolve complaints and inquiries from university offices, students, and employees.
- Making determinations about allegations of discrimination and non-compliance under the ADA and other applicable federal and state laws regarding discrimination on the basis of disability.